To tie the hooks/flies
|Turle||Harvey||double Clinch||Clinch forcep|
|Trilene-duncan||Offshore||Homer||Christophe 2||Double Turle||Jansik|
|Worl Fair||Crawford||Eugene||Eight||For the small flies: Put a threader|
Make your leaders
Flyline leader or backing
|Albright||Castwell||Constriction knot||Flyline loop|
|Rapala||Perfection (micro-loop)||Loop in loop||Dropper loop||King loop||Tippet ring|
|Backing or lines to reel.|
|Reel||Arbor N°1||Arbor N°2|
| To master the knot
tying skill is an essential part of the art of fishing. The knot,
being on the hook, the swivel or the leader is the weakest link
between you and the fish and if one of these fails........
41 knots tying are detailed, from the most popular to some lesser known which are worth trying.
|In the following pages, tying is illustrated step by step, for the clearness of the photographs, I use cord and not monofilament .|
photograph opposite illustrates the clinch, to explain the steps,
the following terms are defined:
- Standing Line: BF, the portion of the leader connecting the hook to the reel
- Tag End : BL the end of the line used to build the knot and is trimmed - - - - The loops A, B...
rules which should be followed to guarantee the quality of a knot:
- To learn the knot, start tying with a piece of small diameter rope, then with monofilament
- Make sure that wraps do not overlap, because a nylon strand can cut through one another.
- Lubricate (with saliva or water) before tightening the knot.
- Tighten slowly by increasing the tension regularly, don’t draw swiftly.
- After tightening , if the knot presents a defect, cut it up and start again
- Take a good length of nylon to build the knot, a too short tag end make it difficult to go through a loop!
- Trim the tag end with a nail cutter, do not cut too short, leave at least 1 to 2mm
- Lastly, after a good fight with a trout, the knot of the hook and tippet are certainly weakened or the line
abraded by the teeth. Cut, change the tippet and redo the knots.
|Click on a knot in the above table to get the step by step tying.|
the 5th year, quality flytying products in the Boutique: Cul de Canard,
Seal dubbing, Mohair, hooks ....... The lowest prices of the Internet
See the complete catalogue.
Toutes les photographies: © Copyright Pechetruite 2000-2007